Job Title: Communications & Marketing Specialist, Systems Strengthening
Location: Phnom Penh, with extensive provincial travel
Report to: Communications & Marketing Manager
Closing date: This position is opened until filled.
WaterSHED is seeking a dynamic and talented Communications & Marketing Specialist to share and collect information for stakeholders within the sanitation, and hygiene sector in Cambodia. We believe that exchanging and learning within our sector and within the communities we serve are pillars of our success.
WaterSHED uses a systems-approach to build the rural market for water, sanitation, and hygiene products and services across Southeast Asia. We engage key actors in the system, including small businesses, customers, and local government, to facilitate the adoption of toilets, water filters, and handwashing stations. Our aim is to build a market that functions independent of traditional aid.
To date, WaterSHED’s Hands-Off marketing approach has successfully enabled small businesses to sell more than 160,000 toilets, generating more than USD $8 million in revenue for rural businesses, and helping accelerate sanitation coverage from a stagnant 25% to more than 50% in six years.
WaterSHED has been featured in Forbes, Reuters, and Huffington Post, and is a twice winner of USAID’s Development Innovation Ventures competition, a winner of Canada Grand Challenges Stars in Global Public Health, and 1st prize winner of the Reed Elsevier Environmental Challenge.
COLLECTIVE IMPACT INITIATIVE
We believe strong sector collaboration is key to achieve large-scale impact and reach the government’s ambitious goal of universal sanitation coverage by 2025. To help achieve this goal, WaterSHED is heading a new project that promotes a coordinated effort among major stakeholders in the Cambodian rural and sanitation and hygiene sector.
To support this project, WaterSHED is recruiting a Communications and Marketing Specialist. Working seamlessly in Khmer and English, qualified candidates will share and collect critical information between stakeholders in the WASH sector. We are looking for candidates who are interested in networking and bringing people together.
You will be key member of the WaterSHED systems strengthening team and will work closely with the Team Leader and the Communications Manager.
Advocacy & Coordination:
- Develop communications channels that will enable sector members to share information, including real-time exchange, about rural sanitation and hygiene issues
- Coordinate, collect, collate and share activities, findings, and research between members and with key stakeholders including sector development partners and donors
- Prepare sector membership communications materials to support sector policymaking, coordination, resource mobilization, and behaviour change
- Use outreach marketing, and promotional efforts to help build relationships between members and with donors and development partners
- Develop and execute the marketing and communications strategy on behalf of network members. This may involve working with outside marketing firms to deliver on key elements of the initiative.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Marketing and Communications in a development context.
- Degree in Media, Communications, Journalism, or equivalent.
- Strong writer in both Khmer and English languages. Candidates should enjoy writing and be capable of producing quality communications materials.
- Extensive experience with digital marketing and effective communications via website and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Experience in photography and video production
- Proven design experience and proficient in design software such as InDesign and/or Illustrator
- Willingness to travel in-country.
- Driver’s license for car is a plus.
WHO ARE YOU?
Working with us will give you the chance to use your creativity and deploy your ideas every day. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative culture that sets high standards for our work.
We are looking for people who appreciate WaterSHED’s values and mission, have excellent communication skills, are entrepreneurial and creative, take initiative, and are enthusiastic. Good problem-solving, critical-thinking skills, honesty, and trustworthiness are essential. See our values at www.watershedasia.org/about/
Interested applicants please send your application including:
- An application form (download),
- A cover letter, outlining your skills and experience;
- Your C.V. or resume
- And your portfolio which could include design, photography, and/or video
to email@example.com with the subject “Communications and Marketing – Systems Strengthening”.
Deadline: This position is opened until filled