Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Phnom Penh, with occasional travel to the provinces
Job Type: Full Time (Monday – Friday)
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Closing date: December 31, 2018
WaterSHED uses a systems-approach to build the rural market for water, sanitation, and hygiene products and services across Southeast Asia. Based in Cambodia, the organization conducts in-depth research to identify strategic opportunities and gaps in the wider system, and then works to strengthen the capacity and relationships between key actors to create a more dynamic and resilient market.
By engaging key actors in the system, including small businesses, customers, and local government, WaterSHED facilitates the adoption of toilets, water filters, and handwashing stations – building a market that functions independent of traditional aid. To date, WaterSHED’s Hands-Off marketing approach has successfully enabled small businesses to sell more than 200,000 toilets, generating more than USD $10 million in revenue for rural businesses, and helping accelerate sanitation coverage from a stagnant 25% to nearly 60% in six years.
WaterSHED has won awards from USAID’s Development Innovation Ventures, Canada Grand Challenges, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s Grand Challenge: Putting Women and Girls at the Center of Development, and the Reed Elsevier Environmental Challenge.
The WaterSHED team believes integrity comes first, strives for the highest efficiency and quality in our work, and promotes leadership at all levels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check expenses, purchase request, quotation to ensure all supporting documents are complete and accurate before processing.
- Be responsible to prepare payment voucher, petty cash voucher, receipt voucher and journal voucher for approval.
- Control of staff cash advance and settle cash advance every month.
- Posting expenses and income into QuickBooks system.
- Go to get bank statement every month.
- Perform basic filing, copying, typing, scanning, and data entry as required
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in finance or accounting
- Computer proficiency- MS. Word, Excel. PowerPoint, and experience with QuickBooks is in advantage.
- Fluency in Khmer and English, both oral and written
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ethical and trustworthy
WHO ARE YOU?
Working with us will give you the chance to use your creativity and deploy your ideas every day. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative culture that sets high standards for our work.
We are looking for people who appreciate WaterSHED’s values and mission, have excellent communication skills, are entrepreneurial and creative, take initiative, and are enthusiastic. Good problem-solving, critical-thinking skills, honesty, and trustworthiness are essential. See our values at www.watershedasia.org/about/
Interested applicants please send your application including:
- An application form (download),
- A cover letter, outlining your experience and skills
- And your C.V. or resume, with the names and contacts of three referees
to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Finance Assistant”.
Deadline: December 31, 2018