Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Phnom Penh
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Senior Finance Coordinator
losing date: July 30, 2019
WaterSHED uses a systems-approach to build the rural market for water, sanitation, and hygiene products and services across Southeast Asia. Based in Cambodia, the organization conducts in-depth research to identify strategic opportunities and gaps in the wider system, and then works to strengthen the capacity and relationships between key actors to create a more dynamic and resilient market.
By engaging key actors in the system, including small businesses, customers, and local government, WaterSHED facilitates the adoption of toilets, water filters, and handwashing stations – building a market that functions independent of traditional aid. To date, WaterSHED’s Hands-Off marketing approach has successfully enabled small businesses to sell more than 200,000 toilets, generating more than USD $10 million in revenue for rural businesses, and helping accelerate sanitation coverage from a stagnant 25% to nearly 60% in six years.
WaterSHED has won awards from USAID’s Development Innovation Ventures, Canada Grand Challenges, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s Grand Challenge: Putting Women and Girls at the Center of Development, and the Reed Elsevier Environmental Challenge.
The WaterSHED team believes integrity comes first, strives for the highest efficiency and quality in our work, and promotes leadership at all levels.
- Ensure all staff follow the Financial Management Policy & Procedures
- Review posting data entry in QuickBooks software and maintaining all accounting records accurately and timely.
- Review of all vouchers and assure that transactions are correct and vouchers are supported with necessary back-up documentation prior posting
- Produce Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Financial Report
- Control of cash in and cash out
- Controlling budget all departments
- Assist Senior Finance Coordinator during donor report, external audit
- Perform other related tasks assigned by Senior Finance Coordinator
- A minimum of two years of experience on financial management systems/Comprehending tax declaration
- A degree in finance, Accounting and/ or business administration, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Good knowledge of accountancy software and excellent computer skills (MS. Word, Excel. PowerPoint and QuickBooks)
- Excellent inter-personal skills and a good team player able to work in multi-cultural environment
- Flexible and able to work independently and under pressure
- Commitment to promotion of integrity, good governance and anti-corruption
- Fluent in English (reading and writing)
WHO ARE YOU?
Working with us will give you the chance to use your creativity and deploy your ideas every day. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative culture that sets high standards for our work.
We are looking for people who appreciate WaterSHED’s values and mission, have excellent communication skills, are entrepreneurial and creative, take initiative, and are enthusiastic. Good problem-solving, critical-thinking skills, honesty, and trustworthiness are essential. See our values at www.watershedasia.org/about/
Please include the following in your application:
- An application form (download)
- Resume or C.V. with the name and contacts of three references
- A cover letter, outlining your experience and skills (maximum one page)
Please submit the application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Finance Officer”.
Application deadline: July 30, 2019