Job Title: IT Support Officer
Location: Phnom Penh
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: HR/Admin Coordinator
Commencement: As soon as possible
Closing date: Open until filled.
WaterSHED is seeking an enthusiastic IT Support Officer (Full-time). The successful candidate will provide technical support across WaterSHED’s offices both in Phnom Penh and in the provinces.
WaterSHED uses a systems-approach to build the rural market for water, sanitation, and hygiene products and services across Southeast Asia. Based in Cambodia, the organization conducts in-depth research to identify strategic opportunities and gaps in the wider system, and then works to strengthen the capacity and relationships between key actors to create a more dynamic and resilient market.
By engaging key actors in the system, including small businesses, customers, and local government, WaterSHED facilitates the adoption of toilets, water filters, and handwashing stations – building a market that functions independent of traditional aid. To date, WaterSHED’s Hands-Off marketing approach has successfully enabled small businesses to sell more than 200,000 toilets, generating more than USD $10 million in revenue for rural businesses, and helping accelerate sanitation coverage from a stagnant 25% to nearly 60% in six years.
WaterSHED has won awards from USAID’s Development Innovation Ventures, Canada Grand Challenges, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s Grand Challenge: Putting Women and Girls at the Center of Development, and the Reed Elsevier Environmental Challenge.
The WaterSHED team believes integrity comes first, strives for the highest efficiency and quality in our work, and promotes leadership at all levels.
ABOUT THE ROLE
IT Support Officer will be responsible for online system maintenance; local network management, troubleshooting and optimization; IT assets management; operating system deployment; files or data archiving and backup on both local NAS and cloud-based; assisting end-user on IT issues. The IT Support Officer will also manage and respond to help requests from all staff member.
- Managing and maintaining online system, user accounts, leave requests
- Troubleshooting network problems, configuring servers, routers, switches and WIFI modem
- Ensuring adequate security and redundancy across all network and computer assets
- Planning and life-cycle management of hardware assets; assisting in IT procurement;
- Providing IT support to end-users; diagnosing & solving hardware and software faults
- Supporting training and conducting orientation for new staff on IT policy and good practices
- Perform other tasks assigned by Admin Department
- University degree in IT or others related field
- At least 2 years of experience
- Good English communication both in writing and speaking
- Honest, patient and able to take initiative
WHO ARE YOU?
Working with us will give you the chance to use your creativity and deploy your ideas every day. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative culture that sets high standards for our work.
We are looking for people who appreciate WaterSHED’s values and mission, have excellent communication skills, are entrepreneurial and creative, take initiative, and are enthusiastic. Good problem-solving, critical-thinking skills, honesty, and trustworthiness are essential. See our values at www.watershedasia.org/about/
Interested applicants please send your application including:
- An application form (download)
- Resume or C.V. with the name and contacts of three references
- A cover letter, outlining your experience and skills (maximum one page)
Please send your application to email@example.com with the subject “IT Support Officer”.
Application deadline: Open until filled.