Job Title: IT Support Officer
Location: Phnom Penh
Job Type: Full Time (Monday – Friday)
Reports to: HR/Admin Coordinator
Closing date: November 23, 2018
WaterSHED is seeking an enthusiastic IT Support Officer. The successful candidate will provide technical support across WaterSHED’s offices both in Phnom Penh and in the provinces.
WaterSHED uses a systems-approach to build the rural market for water, sanitation, and hygiene products and services across Southeast Asia. Based in Cambodia, the organization conducts in-depth research to identify strategic opportunities and gaps in the wider system, and then works to strengthen the capacity and relationships between key actors to create a more dynamic and resilient market.
By engaging key actors in the system, including small businesses, customers, and local government, WaterSHED facilitates the adoption of toilets, water filters, and handwashing stations – building a market that functions independent of traditional aid. To date, WaterSHED’s Hands-Off marketing approach has successfully enabled small businesses to sell more than 200,000 toilets, generating more than USD $10 million in revenue for rural businesses, and helping accelerate sanitation coverage from a stagnant 25% to nearly 60% in six years.
WaterSHED has been featured in Forbes, Reuters, and Huffington Post, and is a twice winner of USAID’s Development Innovation Ventures competition, a winner of Canada Grand Challenges Stars in Global Public Health, and 1st prize winner of the Reed Elsevier Environmental Challenge.
IT Support Officer will be responsible for IT asset management; desktop imaging and deployment; local network management and optimization; file storage, archiving and backup, both with local NAS and cloud-based, troubleshooting user issues; and security. The IT Support Officer will also manage and respond to help requests from all staff.
- Troubleshooting network problems, configuring servers, routers and switches, diagnosing & solving hardware and software faults
- Planning and lifecycle management of hardware assets; desktop imaging and deployment
- Providing IT support to end-users
- Ensuring adequate security and redundancy across all network and computer assets
- Supporting training and conducting orientation for new staff on IT policy and good practices
- Reconditioning and upgrading used hardware to optimize lifespan; assisting in IT procurement.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Admin Department.
- University degree in IT or others related field
- At least 2 years of experience
- Good English communication both in writing and speaking
- Honest, patient and able to take initiative
WHO ARE YOU?
Working with us will give you the chance to use your creativity and deploy your ideas every day. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative culture that sets high standards for our work.
We are looking for people who appreciate WaterSHED’s values and mission, have excellent communication skills, are entrepreneurial and creative, take initiative, and are enthusiastic. Good problem-solving, critical-thinking skills, honesty, and trustworthiness are essential. See our values at www.watershedasia.org/about/
Interested applicants please send your application including:
- An application form (download),
- A cover letter, outlining your experience and skills
- And your C.V. or resume, with the names and contacts of three referees
- no scans of certificates needed
to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “IT Support Officer”.
Deadline: November 23, 2018