Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Phnom Penh with travel to province or internationally
Job Type: Full Time (Monday – Friday)
Reports to: Executive Director
Closing date: November 25, 2018
WaterSHED is seeking an enthusiastic Finance Manager to lead Finance Department. The successful candidate will provide critical support for WaterSHED financial management in Cambodia and international subsidiaries.
WaterSHED uses a systems-approach to build the rural market for water, sanitation, and hygiene products and services across Southeast Asia. Based in Cambodia, the organization conducts in-depth research to identify strategic opportunities and gaps in the wider system, and then works to strengthen the capacity and relationships between key actors to create a more dynamic and resilient market.
By engaging key actors in the system, including small businesses, customers, and local government, WaterSHED facilitates the adoption of toilets, water filters, and handwashing stations – building a market that functions independent of traditional aid. To date, WaterSHED’s Hands-Off marketing approach has successfully enabled small businesses to sell more than 200,000 toilets, generating more than USD $10 million in revenue for rural businesses, and helping accelerate sanitation coverage from a stagnant 25% to nearly 60% in six years.
WaterSHED has been featured in Forbes, Reuters, and Huffington Post, and is a twice winner of USAID’s Development Innovation Ventures competition, a winner of Canada Grand Challenges Stars in Global Public Health, and 1st prize winner of the Reed Elsevier Environmental Challenge.
Together with the Executive Director, the Finance Manager will be a strategic thought partner. In conjunction with other senior managers, the Finance Manager will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: business planning and budgeting, and financial reporting.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the financial management of all funds received and administered by WaterSHED operations globally. This responsibility includes the development and monitoring of financial operations and direction of all fiscal activity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assure the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitor compliance with relevant laws and regulations;
- Support the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors, assess any changes that necessary;
- Oversee annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED and Senior Finance Coordinator, administer and review all financial plans and budgets, monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status;
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting;
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices, improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual;
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the ED and board of committees;
- Conduct internal financial review on the subsidiaries including WaterSHED Holdings (Singapore), HappyTap Vietnam and HappyTap Bangladesh;
- Maintain WaterSHED Holding’s legal standing and compliance with all relevant Singaporean legal regulation;
Representation and Liaison:
- Develop and maintain sound relationships with all major stakeholders;
- Represent the organization at national and international events;
- Other duties as required;
Fundraising and grant management:
- Support the fundraising and grant management activities;
- Prepare the financial report and correspond with donor on financial matters;
- Manage, coordinate and support finance team to effectively manage WaterSHED’s finance;
- Support senior management team on financial matters in order to make the best, cost effective decision in program implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting ideally with and MBA or CPA or related equivalent is required;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior management position;
- Experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area;
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with — programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds;
- A track record in grants management;
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software;
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities;
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the vision mission and values of WaterSHED.
WHO ARE YOU?
Working with us will give you the chance to use your creativity and deploy your ideas every day. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative culture that sets high standards for our work.
We are looking for people who appreciate WaterSHED’s values and mission, have excellent communication skills, are entrepreneurial and creative, take initiative, and are enthusiastic. Good problem-solving, critical-thinking skills, honesty, and trustworthiness are essential. See our values at www.watershedasia.org/about/
Interested applicants please send your application including:
- An application form (download),
- A cover letter, outlining your experience and skills
- And your C.V. or resume, with the names and contacts of three referees
to email@example.com with the subject “Finance Manager”.
Deadline: November 25, 2018