Job Title: Mobile App Coordinating Officer
Location: Phnom Penh, with some provincial travel
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Program Director
Term: 1 year fixed contract.
Closing date: Open until filled.
WaterSHED uses a systems-approach to build the rural market for water, sanitation, and hygiene products and services across Southeast Asia. Based in Cambodia, the organization conducts in-depth research to identify strategic opportunities and gaps in the wider system, and then works to strengthen the capacity and relationships between key actors to create a more dynamic and resilient market.
By engaging key actors in the system, including small businesses, customers, and local government, WaterSHED facilitates the adoption of toilets, water filters, and handwashing stations – building a market that functions independent of traditional aid. To date, WaterSHED’s Hands-Off marketing approach has successfully enabled small businesses to sell more than 200,000 toilets, generating more than USD $10 million in revenue for rural businesses, and helping accelerate sanitation coverage from a stagnant 25% to nearly 60% in six years.
WaterSHED has won awards from USAID’s Development Innovation Ventures, Canada Grand Challenges, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s Grand Challenge: Putting Women and Girls at the Center of Development, and the Reed Elsevier Environmental Challenge.
The WaterSHED team believes integrity comes first, strives for the highest efficiency and quality in our work, and promotes leadership at all levels.
ABOUT THE ROLE
‘Chlat’ (Smart Business) – the first Khmer mobile app for SME business management – to track customer orders accurately, manage inventory efficiently, and deliver on time. Chlat also offers real‐time data for ongoing sustainability monitoring without the need for WaterSHED personnel to travel to each supplier.
Mobile App Coordinating Officer works to ensure greater uptake of ‘Chlat’ (Smart Business) mobile app with the majors roles, (i) to ensure the Mobile App availability and accessibility on Google Play Store; (ii) to track and update backend CMS to analyse use acquisitions and engagement; (iii) to increase usages of Mobile App by market actors, targeting WASH SME; and (iv) to work on bug fixing and improve application performance.
- Prepare work plan and budget plan annually and quarterly for the ‘Chlat’ (Smart Business) mobile app.
- Regularly check in Google Play Store and ensure the eligibilities and compliance with Standard Google Policies.
- Support presentations and training workshops for rollout of new applications or technology.
- Orientation to staffs and related stakeholders of new functionalities of the mobile app.
- Develop Marketing Campaign on Social Media (Facebook Page, Google Ads Campaign, YouTube) to promote the App, targeting WASH users.
- Working closely and support ‘Provincial Team’ including, providing guidance on the technical components of the App and the promotion strategies with targeted users.
- Identify and Analyze Mobile App Errors/Bugs and work closely with cross-functional teams and/or external developer team to resolve.
- Asses the current features to update and increase functionality to be more user friendly and responsive to user demands.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the smooth operation of the app.
- Holds Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience in analyzing user ‘Acquisition and Engagement’, using Google Analytic and/or Google Console
- Has published at least one original Android app
- Experience third-party libraries APIs
- Working knowledge the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, emerging technologies
- Basic knowledge of Google Map, API or Arc GIS is a plus.
- Stayed up to date with new trends and advancements in Mobile App industry development.
- Excellent communication
- Strong organization, planning and training skill
- Ability to work interdependently with less supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within the tight deadlines
- Adaptable flexible
- Honest trustworthy
WHO ARE YOU?
Working with us will give you the chance to use your creativity and deploy your ideas every day. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative culture that sets high standards for our work.
We are looking for people who appreciate WaterSHED’s values and mission, have excellent communication skills, are entrepreneurial and creative, take initiative, and are enthusiastic. Good problem-solving, critical-thinking skills, honesty, and trustworthiness are essential. See our values at www.watershedasia.org/about/
Please include the following in your application:
- An application form (download)
- Resume or C.V. with the name and contacts of three references
- A cover letter, outlining your experience and skills (maximum one page)
Please submit the application to email@example.com with the subject “Mobile App Coordinating Officer”.
Application deadline: Open until filled.