Job Title: Project Assistant (2 positions)
Location: Phnom Penh, with with frequent travel to Provinces
Job Type: Full Time (Monday – Friday)
Report to: Project Coordinator, Civic Champions Project
Closing date: January 14, 2018
WaterSHED is seeking an enthusiastic Project Assistant as part of Civic Champions Project. The successful candidate will provide critical support for WaterSHED’s staff both in Phnom Penh and in the rural provinces.
WaterSHED uses a systems-approach to build the rural market for water, sanitation, and hygiene products and services across Southeast Asia. Based in Cambodia, WaterSHED uses in-depth research to identify strategic opportunities and gaps in the wider system, and then works to strengthen the capacity and relationships between key actors to create a more dynamic and resilient market.
We don’t reach millions of people. We build systems that do.
By engaging key actors in the system, including small businesses, customers, and local government, WaterSHED facilitates the adoption of toilets, water filters, and handwashing stations – building a market that functions independent of traditional aid. To date, WaterSHED’s hands-off marketing approach has successfully enabled small businesses to sell more than 160,000 toilets, generating more than USD $8 million in revenue for rural businesses, and helping accelerate sanitation coverage from a stagnant 25% to more than nearly 50% in six years.
WaterSHED has been featured in Forbes, Reuters, and Huffington Post, and is a twice winner of USAID’s Development Innovation Ventures competition, a winner of Canada Grand Challenges Stars in Global Public Health, and 1st prize winner of the Reed Elsevier Environmental Challenge.
WaterSHED is offering a learning opportunity for an individual seeking a career in | Civic Champions Project |. The successful candidate will work closely with the | Project Coordinator | to help organize logistics and coordinate the Civic Champions conferences and provide support during conference workshops.
- Request quotes from venues and manage booking
- Prepare and sending letters and invitations
- Procure conference material such as stationaries, photos, trophies, name cards, et al.
- Maintain attendance lists
- Prepare and process travel allowance lists
- Prepare expenditure reports
- Prepare meeting and conference reports
- Undertake other support duties as required
- University degree in business administration, social science or equivalent, relevant work experience is a plus
- Basic command of MS Office applications, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of administrative procedures
- Fluent in Khmer and basic English conversational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Dynamic, self-motivated and proactive working style
- Reliable and honest
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Driver’s license and driving experience is a plus
WHO ARE YOU?
Working with us will give you the chance to use your creativity and deploy your ideas every day. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative culture that sets high standards for our work.
We are looking for people who appreciate WaterSHED’s values and mission, have excellent communication skills, are entrepreneurial and creative, take initiative, and are enthusiastic. Good problem-solving, critical-thinking skills, honesty, and trustworthiness are essential. See our values at www.watershedasia.org/about/
Interested applicants please send your application including:
- An application form (download),
- A cover letter, outlining your experience and skills
- And your C.V. or resume, with the names and contacts of three referees
- no scans of certificates needed
to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Project Assistant”.
Deadline: January 14, 2018