Job Title: Provincial Coordinator (3 positions)
Location: 2 positions in Battambang and 1 position in Pursat, (with frequent travel to Phnom Penh)
Job Type: Full Time (Monday – Friday)
Report to: Program Manager, Provincial Sustainability Support (PSS)
Closing date: January 14, 2018
WaterSHED uses a systems-approach to build the rural market for water, sanitation, and hygiene products and services across Southeast Asia. Based in Cambodia, WaterSHED uses in-depth research to identify strategic opportunities and gaps in the wider system, and then works to strengthen the capacity and relationships between key actors to create a more dynamic and resilient market.
We don’t reach millions of people. We build systems that do.
By engaging key actors in the system, including small businesses, customers, and local government, WaterSHED facilitates the adoption of toilets, water filters, and handwashing stations – building a market that functions independent of traditional aid. To date, WaterSHED’s hands-off marketing approach has successfully enabled small businesses to sell more than 160,000 toilets, generating more than USD $8 million in revenue for rural businesses, and helping accelerate sanitation coverage from a stagnant 25% to more than nearly 50% in six years.
WaterSHED has been featured in Forbes, Reuters, and Huffington Post, and is a twice winner of USAID’s Development Innovation Ventures competition, a winner of Canada Grand Challenges Stars in Global Public Health, and 1st prize winner of the Reed Elsevier Environmental Challenge.
Provincial Coordinator is responsible to support projects of WaterSHED for working closely with sub-national authorities to support the coordination of the provincial water, sanitation and hygiene sector and to build the leadership of key sector actors. S/he will promote local leadership, and influence available resources for greater collective impact. S/he will provide the technical assistant for local entrepreneurs about Mobile App (Smart Business) user guide and provide appropriate training/coaching.
- Ensure smooth operation of the project activities, including timely narrative reporting
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders, including government partners
- Work closely with Leadership project to support operations for leadership training process
- Strengthen the supply chain of private sector actors for sustainable outcomes
- Provide the technical assistant for local entrepreneurs about Mobile App (Smart Business) user guide and provide appropriate training/coaching.
- Ensure accurate collection of program performance data and provide necessary data to the data center in Phnom Penh
- Work closely with Business Intelligence Unit and support research team
- Various administrative tasks in English and Khmer as required
- Represent WaterSHED as required
- Undertake other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, rural development or other relevant qualification
- At least three (2) years of experience in the area of skills development
- Experience working with provincial government preferred
- Willingness to be based in the field (provincial town)
- Computer literacy especially on Microsoft Word, Power Point Excel
- Good interpersonal and communication skill
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Proactive and constructive work attitude
- Proven experience in:
- Project management, and financial management
- Team motivation and building
- Training and capacity building
- Negotiation and leadership
- Sale and Marketing tools
- Data collection tools, data tracking and reporting and project evaluation
- Communication with government
- Familiarity with modern technology and communication
- Fluency in Khmer, oral and written
WHO ARE YOU?
Working with us will give you the chance to use your creativity and deploy your ideas every day. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative culture that sets high standards for our work.
We are looking for people who appreciate WaterSHED’s values and mission, have excellent communication skills, are entrepreneurial and creative, take initiative, and are enthusiastic. Good problem-solving, critical-thinking skills, honesty, and trustworthiness are essential. See our values at www.watershedasia.org/about/
Interested applicants please send your application including:
- An application form (download),
- A cover letter, outlining your experience and skills
- And your C.V. or resume, with the names and contacts of three referees
- no scans of certificates needed
to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Provincial Coordinator”.
Deadline: January 14, 2018