Job Title: Research and Learning Manager
Location: Phnom Penh
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Executive Director
Term: Up to 10 months, concluding no later than December 31, 2020.
Closing date: Urgent fill
WaterSHED uses a systems-approach to build the rural market for water, sanitation, and hygiene products and services across Southeast Asia. Based in Cambodia, WaterSHED uses in-depth research to identify strategic opportunities and gaps in the wider system, and then works to strengthen the capacity and relationships between key actors to create a more dynamic and resilient market.
We don’t reach millions of people. We build systems that do.
By engaging key actors in the system, including small businesses, customers, and local government, WaterSHED facilitates the adoption of toilets, water filters, and handwashing stations – building a market that functions independent of traditional aid. To date, WaterSHED’s Hands-Off marketing approach has successfully enabled small businesses to sell more than 170,000 toilets, generating more than USD $8.5 million in revenue for rural businesses, and helping accelerate sanitation coverage from a stagnant 25% to nearly 60% in six years.
WaterSHED has been featured in Forbes, Reuters, and Huffington Post, and is a twice winner of USAID’s Development Innovation Ventures competition, a winner of Canada Grand Challenges Stars in Global Public Health, and 1st prize winner of the Reed Elsevier Environmental Challenge.
You will be a key member the WaterSHED’s management team, working closely with research staff embedded within WaterSHED’s various projects as well as with key program staff.
- Please see Appendix A. Civic Champions Evaluation 2020 for specific responsibilities related to the Civic Champions Evaluation research activities
- Manage the MEL team to design the MEL tools and lead and coordinate the MEL activities;
- Guide and oversee the implementation of MELR activities, including data collection, entry, analysis and reporting;
- Actively engage with other program units to document learning from implementation and identify new learning needs and opportunities;
- Liaise with national and international partners and audience to design and disseminate knowledge products.
- Advanced research degree in social science, international development, or others relevant field;
- Experience with designing and overseeing implementation of MERL activities in a developing country context is a strong asset;
- Experience in managing/coordinating the MEL team and activities for an institution;
- Demonstrated ability to summarize complex ideas in a coherent way, adequate for different audiences;
- Strong command of Excel and/or at least one statistical software (SPSS, Stata, R, SAS or similar) is a strong asset;
- Demonstrated skills and experience coordinating multiple complex activities;
- Very strong English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-starter with a sense of practicality;
- Creative thinker, with empathy and inexhaustible curiosity.
Who are you?
Working with us will give you the chance to use your creativity and deploy your ideas every day. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative culture that sets high standards for our work.
We are looking for people who appreciate WaterSHED’s values and mission, have excellent communication skills, are entrepreneurial and creative, take initiative, and are enthusiastic. Good problem-solving, critical-thinking skills, honesty, and trustworthiness are essential. See our values at www.watershedasia.org/about/
Job Title: Research and Learning Manage
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Duration: Up to 10 months, concluding no later than December 31, 2020
Reporting to: Executive Director
Note: This position is open for both Cambodians and non-Cambodians.
Interested applicants please send your application including:
- An application form (download),
- A cover letter, outlining your experience and skills
- And your C.V. or resume, with the names and contacts of three referees
- no scans of certificates needed
Send application to email@example.com with the subject “Research and Learning Manager”.
Deadline: Urgent fill