Job Title: Quantitative Researcher
Location: Phnom Penh
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Research and Learning Manager
Term: 1 year fixed contract.
Closing date: Open until filled.
WaterSHED uses a systems-approach to build the rural market for water, sanitation, and hygiene products and services across Southeast Asia. Based in Cambodia, the organization conducts in-depth research to identify strategic opportunities to strengthen the capacity and relationships between key actors to create a dynamic, resilient market.
Working at scale, WaterSHED’s market-based sanitation program has successfully enabled rural producers to sell more than 200,000 toilets – generating more than USD $10 million in revenue for rural businesses. This helped accelerate rural sanitation coverage from a stagnant 25% to nearly 60% in six years. WaterSHED also incubates three social businesses based in Cambodia, Vietnam and Bangladesh.
WaterSHED has won competitive awards from USAID’s Development Innovation Ventures, Grand Challenges Canada, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s first Grand Challenge Dedicated to Women and Girls.
WaterSHED is seeking a dynamic and talented quantitative researcher to help us engage effectively within the rural sanitation and hygiene sector in Cambodia and harvest learning from our operations. We believe that exchanging and learning within our sector and within the communities we serve are pillars of our success.
You will be a key member the WaterSHED Research and Learning Team, working closely with the Research and Learning Manager and in conjunction with the managers of WaterSHED’s various business units.
- Contribute to designing research and data analyses;
- support WaterSHED’s Business Intelligence Unit (BIU) as well as other departments to manage their quantitative data effectively for their respective program needs;
- conduct quantitative analyses;
- visualize research findings for different audiences and for different purposes within the organization and for third parties;
- write up research findings for a variety of knowledge products (e.g. research briefs, blog posts, reports, articles)
- coordinate internally to identify the greatest leverage for data analyses, sharing of findings and aligning of activities; and
- complete other tasks required.
- University degree in social science, applied statistics, or others relevant field
- Experience with quantitative data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to summarize complex ideas in a coherent way, adequate for different audiences
- Strong command of Excel and at least one statistical software (SPSS, Stata, R, SAS or similar)
- Demonstrated skills and experience coordinating multiple complex activities
- Expertise and/or interest in data visualization is a strong asset
- Very strong English language skills, both written and verbal
- Creative thinker, with empathy and inexhaustible curiosity
- Self-starter with a sense of practicality
Who are you?
Working with us will give you the chance to use your creativity and deploy your ideas every day. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative culture that sets high standards for our work.
We are looking for someone who appreciates the objectives and values of WaterSHED, has excellent communication skills, is entrepreneurial and creative, takes initiative, and is enthusiastic. Good problem-solving, critical-thinking skills, honesty and trustworthiness are essential.
Job Title: Quantitative Researcher (This position is open for both Cambodians and non-Cambodians)
Starting Date: open until filled
Reporting to: Research and Learning Manager
To apply for this position, please submit your application including:
- Application form (download)
- Cover letter (max. one page)
- Curriculum vitae
- A writing sample (no longer than 500 words), that demonstrates both your writing skills and your quantitative analytical skills.
Please send application to email@example.com with the subject “Quantitative Researcher”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For further information about the organization, visit our website.